Monday, June 10, 2013

Coptic books and silver lamped worked rings






Well a last week a BAD storm came though and with wind sheers up to 100 miles per hour and lightning strikes we were with out power for 2 days and 2 nights. I used this time to catch up on some things I wanted to get done. I pulled out the blow torch and put glass beads on the ends of some silver coated wire then turned them into rings, and assembled some Coptic leather books using 100% cotton resume paper. Then I got a little fancy and make the smaller one with the bead closure (made by my Friend Dee Vargas who is a amazing bead artist.) and I used seed beads on the side binding just because. This has lead me to start a project to make 50 of these to be used as site tokens for your Barony's event this Sept "For Hands" I think I will use Blue thread and skip the seed beads though.
the books that are here and the rings were sent with Her Excellency Caroline de Mercier to Lillies War for her to distribute as she wishes. I believe her intent was for them to go to the musicians that perform at the Dance she hostess there.

No comments:

Post a Comment