Wednesday, January 8, 2020

an up date of the year since I posted bunches of things to FB but not here

An up date of the year since I posted bunches of things to FB but not here but really check out my Instagram for things with out politics mixed in really.
https://www.instagram.com/strawberryholt/

SEPT

I am working on gifts for the crowns' largess. I have created, what to date may be my favorite stamp, the Midrealm Dragon stamp along with the pale stamp. I stamped the gules pale (the red stripe) then when it was dry I stamped the Vert (green) Dragon. On a long strip of white fabric. The fabric was then finished on the edges so that when sewed there would be chanels for draw strings. And a loop over, so that the bag becomes a belt pouch. In the pouch is bubbles (a period past time). With it is a copper with glass beaded bubble wand. The idea is children grow, and if they manage to not lose it then they shall have a belt favor that is also a pouch. Practical and ornamental with some fun bubbles. Forget the kids lets go play with bubbles.



July
Here i replaced the gromit of the side wall part of the roof. Using a tack harness ringi make a facing this time and then f
Flipped it and put the rung enclosed in the fabric. Then sewed the while thing to the top of the tent.

1 of the 2 roof center pole gromits pulled out. And started to rip our tent roof at sca 50th year. I am finaly getting around to fixing this and a diffrent gromit. Her are the steps that i took to make a replacement for the gromit using a tack harnis ring. I could have used hemp rope to do this also both are period methods of making gromits.




Here we have to tools used to fix my tent. Canvas from a inconspicuous section of wall that wont miss it. Scissors to use can vas and thread. The threads one is waxed linen for book binding and the ither is quilters hand stitching thread. Sailors palm which is a thimble for your hand. Plyers to help pull the needle though the canvas. Needle. Tack and harness ring and a double sided tape that is heavy duty. You can see how i just used the tape to seal a hole half the size of a pencil with just the tape on both the inside and out side then tent because the backing is red. If i was doung it on thw white part of my tent i would have added a peice of white tent canvas over it instead



June

Here are the other things I made at Lillies. A saw a marking tool and another brass bell. The shop was closed to wood working during the bell class so i killed time making a bell. Why not? I have a block of wood to make a plane also i hope to work on that though out the year.

I didnt up date you all i made things at lilies. This is an ever green medallion, i had a few days before my tool class started so to kill time i learned chasing and repose' i might do it again but only so i can then add glass to it. In fact i might still add glass to this. This took 12 hrs. Great class learned from a master for sure.


Barony did a basket class. So i thought why not. I am thinking of carrying something to hand out during the pride parade. I am hoping my mom hugs shirt will be in by then.


No comments:

Post a Comment