Thursday, January 9, 2020

Updates on the other blogs. Birth of a Circular Chess board

Byzantine Chess Board
https://therampantstrawberry.blogspot.com/

Image

I am excited about this one. It was at 2 Rums ago that I was playing Circular Chess and since then I have been speaking with Master John about the board. I expressed a concern that while the game is great, that people wouldn't want to pay for another chess set especially at the price I would have to charge for hand made pieces. To wit he pointed out I don't need to sell pieces. Because anyone interested in a Circular Chess set,  has a chess set and can use the pieces they have. That making one set of glass pieces to sell is all well and good but that I should sell the board on its own.
Now I will say that this is good besides I do want to make one set of glass pieces with the elephants (these became bishops) and the kings adviser (this piece became the queen) also the pawns need something to mark their front to easily delineate which way they are traveling. However I don't want to make a lot of these sets unless people want to pay the money that it would cost to have them.
The pawns would be worth at least 10$ each and the other pieces about 25$ each. yet no one would want to pay that for a full set of Chess pieces. If a Ceramics person has molds and wants to get together on producing a set I am up for collaborations.
But just having the boards works and I will have them ready by Maiden's Jan 25th, in Springfield IL.

No comments:

Post a Comment