Thursday, September 22, 2022

Maybon wishes. Death comes in 3's Merry meet and merry part, bright the cheeks and warm the heart.

 The Death card it a card of endings. And is many ways it is the perfect card for Mabon. 

As a gardener it is time to put change from summer gardening to fall and winter gardening or put the garden to sleep. 

This year my life has 3 deaths. 

My marriage if 27 years, my 12 year old dog, and my 58uear old brother in law. 

Bad things happen in 3's. 

In general death doesn't bother me. It is just a change. It has been a point of contention between me and family before.

When my grandmother died I was very busy during open house making sure the family all got to pick jewelry peices from her large collection. My cousin didn't get it. It was a thing that grandmother spoke to me about that mattered to her. And so it mattered to me. I am the person who sprinkled her and my Poppy's ashes because I knew where they would have been happy about it. 

When my mother died it was a relief to no longer see her so sad. The stroke robbed her of so much. Old or adult death is a passing to the next stage. Though it robs the living of the sharing of this time with those people.

Young death is harder. Much much harder. It breaks hearts, minds and spirits from us the living. They they get to move on to the next life but the hole left is permanent. Living with a hole in your living room is challenging. 

Pets I have had to let go a a few.... I know I have loved them well. If ever a life to come back as one of my pets is a good one. Whoe be those who I catch hurting a animal. I can spend a night in jail, it is not comfy but by goddess I will. 

My marriage ending is a different horse. Change is hard. I don't operate like other people. As such I will float fir a bit. Like floating in the warm late summer Atlantic bobbing as I go catch up with all my friends, helping them with their projects. This is the universes gift to them and to me. I don't get to always be free and this is my reward for years of service to the humans that my marriage and family gave me to care for. 

Fist as a military wife, then caring for my step son with his behavior challenges, then mu daughters health problems, and husband's emotional challenges, my mothers heartattack then stroke, the house fire and My husband's brothers disease. I take care of people it is my happy place. I will travel and do this as I visit people. Then I will go back to school to get the degree to settle down and get paid to take care of people. 

This is the end of one season of my life and the birth of another. I am happy not sad. I am relieved. I am hopeful as I smell the fall leaves decaying and hear them falling. I feel the nip in the air and long for a fire place and a blanket to snuggle in with warm cider and an eternal love to share it with. 

Like equinox I stand in to worlds today. Tomorrow I step in to the next one. 

Preparing my lists for burning on Samhain to send to the Great Spirit. Till then look hard and love harder at your world and know that with death is rebirth. 

Merry meet and merry part, bright the cheeks and warm the heart.

Blessed Mabon &

Blessed be ya'll!



No comments:

Post a Comment