Thursday, August 27, 2009

dinner

I find myself needing to plan out dinner again now that it is fall. During the summer Amber is a shadow here as she passes thought with a friend on the way some were. But with school for Jim and Amber there is a more formal schedule. So I have a list of dinners that we can pick from.
With considerations for Amber's and Jim's dislikes. Tonight was Steak (for us) & honey mustard chicken (for Amber) I made Corn for all Carots for Amber and I Green beans for Jim and I and Brusle sprouts for me. It is the only way I make sure Jim and Amber each get some thing in the form of a veggie with dinner. I also refuse to accept corn as a veggie it is a grain and a starch but not a veggie.
Jim found a stake Marinade on the web site http://www.easysteakmarinades.net/ he cut it in half. It was great but next time he will cut the cayenne a bit more then that. It wasn't super hot but I don't like my steak peppery at all.
Here is the recipe he used

Steak Marinade in the Style of Applebee's

Ingredients -

4 sirloin steaks
4 cups water
4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
4 tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon ground oregano
3 teaspoons meat tenderizer
8 teaspoons minced garlic
8 teaspoons chili powder
2 teaspoons onion powder
2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
4 teaspoons ground black pepper
4 teaspoons paprika

Preparation:

Whisk all the ingredients together except the steaks until the marinade is smooth.

Add the steaks and leave to marinate for 2 to 4 hours in the refrigerator.

(Makes 4 Cups)


the other dinners I am planning are
Baked spaghetti
whole chicken with veggies
bottom roast with Veggies
Beef stroganoff (I haven't worked out what will go with this yet)
perogies with fried onions
Parmesan chicken with veggies

That is the list so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment