Friday, August 19, 2022

The Magic Power of Words.

 The magic power of Words.

I remember reading a book by LeGuin many years ago that spoke of the power of a name. and that those who know your name can use it against you. This is not just the power of a name but also the power of the words. We all know the first thing that is to shut down is the freedom of the press and to assemble when overthrowing or controlling people, for this very reason.

Words have texture and a name is a word. I have been told that I am a very different person when I am Marilyn Helene Sands verse, Marilyn S Holt. And still, a very different person when I am Strawberry.

This is also why choosing to change ones last name for marriage is/and should be really a big deal.

All words are powerful. The language we use on ourselves is more powerful than any. A friend I have once told me that he had told his wife, “I won’t have anyone speaking like that about the women I love and if you weren’t that woman, I would have challenged you to a duel over the abusive words you used on the women I love.” (Paraphrased for clarity) He told me this while making me stop speaking bad about myself, (thanks T.J.) I am still working on trying to be nicer to myself, I know it is not easy. 

Sometimes words speak into existence The magic of healing or making light from dark, lifting of hate that has darkened your heart for so long that it has moved to your brain and soul. But every now and then words spoken such as "you must let the hate go", from someone whom you have confided the darkest pains of your soul to, brings about the magic you lost hope to ever feel. You except you didn’t cause it, you couldn’t have known, you didn’t deserve it, you are ok you are safe now. And like that, it all melts away the hate. The words, spoken by the right person, at the right time, made that magic.

You wake up. You don’t know if it was a dream. You are afraid it was. But even if it was you know for a moment it was true. With that, the darkness in your head is gone, and you feel the light you hear the music your heart calls out, and for a minute; no, a moment, the good magic appears as if to say it is real still. All because words were spoken.

The power of words is real. Use this power wisely. The damage when magic/ words are used carelessly, or with ill intent is hard to undo.

I know I speak plainly, seemingly from head to mouth rarely with a filter in place, I will try and do no harm. Let me know when my words are not correct so I can fix them. I call folks sunshine and sweetheart, bunches because names escape me everyone has so many of them. But You bring sunshine to my day by being in it and you sweeten my heart with your presence. Those words are real. Bill and Ted got it right "Be excellent to each other." And choose your words wisely. OR I will SPEAK AT you about it. And don’t bad mouth yourself, that is my friend you are talking bad about and I won’t stand for it. We are all just Multidimensional Beings ever growing and changing, (except when I am a Pirate) Mah ha ha ha ha. 

No comments:

Post a Comment